Norvell’s Just off the Mediterranean Beach™ color is formulated to mimic this sought after color indicative of this beautiful region. An exotically inspired formula combining violet & brown bronzers, the color works with all skin tones to produce our deepest, darkest, longest lasting tan yet!
Solution benefits with Norvell’s new Natural Actives Sunless Complex™:
*Just off the Mediterranean Beach Color from Patented blend of Organic Eco-Cert DHA and bronzers found only in Norvell Professional Products.
*Advanced DHA odor encapsulation molecules ‘trap’ and virtually eliminate common sunless odor.
*Unique Dermal Barrier locks DHA within the top layer of the skin, providing longer lasting, deeper color results.
*Natural Enzymes repair weak, dehydrated skin and promote the efficiency of the body’s own natural moisture levels.
*Time Release Microcapsules hold and bind moisture within the skin, providing 24 hour hydration.
*Eco-Cert DHA * Paraben Free * Gluten Free * Nut Allergen Free * Sulfate Free
Preparation – Skin/Nail Care
- It is better if you have nail polish on before your tan, even if it is just a clear coat. A barrier cream will be applied to your nails and toenails to prevent your nails from staining. If you have acrylic nails or a gel manicure on before your spray tan appointment, the spray tan will NOT ruin your nails.
- It is recommended that you have any facial or body waxing done prior to your spray tan. DO NOT get waxed after your spray tan and before your initial shower.
- Threading and waxing of eyebrows and lips should be done prior to your tan.
- Showering before your spray tan is recommended. If washing your hair do it first, then exfoliate with a non-oil based, gritty scrub or exfoliant prior to your tan. (baking soda works great) Pay extra attention to your elbows and knees. You want to remove all dead skin so your tan looks as even as possible.
- It is recommended that you limit the amount you shave after your spray tan, as shaving is a form of exfoliation. However, shaving after your first real shower is okay.
- Eyelash extensions are okay to have on and do not effect your spray tan. It is recommended that they be applied at least one day before your spray tan appointment.
Preparation – Lotions/Makeup
- You CANNOT have any perfume, lotion, makeup, sunscreen, oil or deoderant on your skin at the time of your appointment – even if it has been applied earlier in the day.
- Chapsticks/lip balms/glosses/lipsticks & mascaras are okay to have on during and after your tan.
Spray Tanning – What to Expect
- If it is raining or snowing the day of your appointment, it is recommended that you bring an umbrella and/or wear protective clothing – such as long pants, long-sleeved shirts and a sweatshirt.
- If you are tanning in your bathing suit please arrive with it on underneath your regular clothes. Bras, panties, thongs are okay to wear and solution will not stain them.
- If you take your bra off when you’re getting sprayed, we do not recommend that you put it back on immediately after. If you need to put a bra on after your spray tan, we DO NOT RECOMMEND sports bras; however, we do recommend putting your bra on the loosest strap with the bra straps tucked in.
- You will feel a little sticky and the spray tan does have a very slight odor to it – this is normal. You will feel sticky until your after your rinse.
- Try not to touch your skin to see if you are sticky. The solution does feel sticky while it is in the developing phase before your rinse and this is normal.
- If you touch your skin and do not wash the insides of your hands, your palms may end up becoming stained because palms are not supposed to come in contact with the spray tan solution. If you do accidentally touch your skin no worries just wash the insides of your hands only or wipe with a damp cloth or disposable wipes.
- The bronzer may get on the inside of your clothes or on your sheets. It should not stain, however we cannot guarantee this. Dark colored clothing is recommended and wearing long sleeves and long pants to bed can prevent the bronzer from coming off on your sheets.
Immediate After Care
- Since our product has a quick activation time of just 3 hours it is recommended that you do not come in contact with water until after 3 hours. You can do a “rinse” only anytime after 3 hours. (use a dark or old towel to pat yourself dry). Showering before the 3 hour time frame may lighten up your color and impact the results of the spray tan Your first shower should just be a RINSE. NO soaps. Your next shower you can use soap however do NOT do a rinse and shower back to back. Wait a day for your shower if you can.
- No sweating, swimming, getting wet or exercising until after the 3 hour developing time and your rinse. Doing so may cause streaks.
- Putting makeup on after your 3 hour developing time is okay, however you CANNOT wash your face with cleansers (water only until your first shower. Sleep with your makeup on if you have too (I know yuck, but your spray tan acts as somewhat of a barrier)
- There is a bronzer in the solution, which means that you will have some color immediately after you are sprayed. The color will continue to darken as the solution develops. Your color will lighten after you rinse off the bronzer. You will see color coming off in your rinsing shower. Don’t panic. This is normal. Your spray tan is not washing off, it is just bronzer.
- Go easy around water the day you get sprayed – this includes everything from doing dishes to brushing your teeth. While you can still do these things, it is recommended that you use caution when you are near water to ensure you do not mess up your spray tan.
- We do NOT RECOMMEND wearing vinyl/rubber gloves to do housework the day you are sprayed. We recommend waiting until after your shower to wear those types of gloves.
- If you have small children, it is recommended that you bathe them prior to your spray tan or have someone else bathe them that day.
- If you are wearing your spray tan to bed and not rinsing after the 3 hour developing time that is fine. We do however recommend wearing long sleeves and long pants or covering your pillow with a towel that night. This will insure the spray tan does not become streaky and from transferring to your hands and while you’re sleeping and making them extra dark!
- If you take your bra off when you get sprayed, we recommend leaving it off for as long as you can after your spray tan. Sports bras are NOT recommended to wear after your tan. If you have to put a bra on, we recommend wearing a strapless bra or tucking the bra straps in until your 3 hour set time is done.
Long Term After Care
- Pat dry after all your showers. Vigorous rubbing will exfoliate your skin and your tan will not last as long.
- DO NOT exfoliate with loufas, body scrubs, body washes or soaps with exfoliating beads until your tan starts to fade away.
- DO NOT use scented body washes – such as Victoria’s Secret and Bath and Body Works. Non-scented/fragrance-free body washes and soaps are RECOMMENDED. SCENTED BODY WASHES AND SOAPS ARE NOT RECOMMENDED. Aveeno lotions are also NOT RECOMMENDED!
- Limit the shaving of your legs, as this is also a form of exfoliating. You can still shave your legs, however we do not recommend doing it daily. We DO NOT RECOMMEND using hair removal creams, such as Nair. This will remove your spray tan! Do it the day before your tan if need be.
- The tan is not going to just disappear, you are going to notice it fading. You can start exfoliating when you notice it is starting to fade and/or in preparation for your next tan.
- Face washes containing salicylic acid and/or benzoyl peroxide are NOT RECOMMENDED because they can eat away at your spray tan. Your face will fade faster as you wash it more frequently. We recommend using gentle cleansers – exfoliating face washes + Clarisonics are NOT RECOMMENDED!
- Acne spot treatments are also NOT RECOMMENDED during the week your spray tan is on.
- Moisturizing helps extend the life of your tan and it helps your tan to fade more evenly. You can use any moisturizer, however, we recommend using a hydrating, non-scented/fragrance-free lotion! SCENTED LOTIONS – I.E. VICTORIA’S SECRET & BATH AND BODY WORKS – ARE NOT RECOMMENDED! Aveeno lotions are also NOT RECOMMENDED! Cocoa butter lotion is okay to use, even though it does have a scent. You can start moisturizing after your first shower.
- Spray tans typically last 4-8 days, however they can last longer or shorter than this. The more you moisturize, the longer the tan can last. It is recommended to moisturize at least once a day, twice a day is encouraged but moisturizers containing self-tanners are not recommended because they can have adverse effects. Again, any hydrating, non-scented/fragrance-free + alcohol-free moisturizer is recommend!
- Always wear sunscreen when out in the sun. We also recommend mixing non-scented moisturizer with your sunscreen and putting both on at the same time each time you would normally apply your sunscreen – especially after prolonged exposure to the sun, being in the lake or in a pool. This will help extend the life of your spray tan.
- Wait at least one day before going in the lake or a pool after your tan. Chlorine may make your tan fade faster, however it is not going to remove the tan immediately.
PLEASE INFORM US IF YOU ARE PREGNANT, BREAST FEEDING OR HAVE A NUT ALLERGY.
*** Some of our solutions contain nuts ***
If you would like to book an appointment or have any questions about the information above, please feel free to call or text Shelley at 1-519-389-2348 or email email@example.com
Full Body $45.00
4 Treatment Package $159.00
8 Treatment Package $239.00
Half Body Application $25.00
Face Only $15.00
4 Treatment Package $48.00
*Prices do not include HST